Most people who live in Islington can apply for a parking permit. You are not entitled to a permit if you live in a permit-free property. Check the list to see if your address is permit-free (PDF).
The cost of the permit depends on whether you have a car/van or motorbike/scooter. You can find out how much your permit will cost before applying.
Please note the terms and conditions for the issue and use of a permit.
Buy a new resident permit
If you have not bought a parking permit before, we will need:
One proof of address. We can accept:
- Bills: Current council tax bill or a gas, water, electricity or landline phone bill dated within the last 3 months.
- Driving licence
- Tenancy agreement
- Department for Work and Pensions letter dated within the last 6 months
one proof of vehicle ownership. We can accept:
- Car Insurance schedule document
- Registration document (V5)
- Hire agreement
You will be asked to email a good quality copy of your documents at the end of the process.
Make sure when you scan or take a photo of your documents they can be clearly read and show all parts of the document.
Renew an existing permit
You will need:
- The account number from your permit renewal reminder letter or email
- Your vehicle registration number
Buy or renew now
For a permit to park your car, van or motorbike by your home in Islington
Parking for disabled people
Blue Badge information and the location of dedicated parking for disabled people in Islington
Anyone can apply for an Islington estate parking space or garage
Resident roamer scheme
The resident roamer scheme allows Islington permit holders to park in any residents' permit area between 11am and 3pm
Local parking rules
Find out the parking rules and restrictions that affect your local area