House and car icon

Change of vehicle or adding an additional vehicle

To change your vehicle on an existing resident permit or add an additional vehicle please complete the change of vehicle or additional vehicle request form.

You will also be required to provide proof of vehicle ownership at your Islington address.

Please have one of the following documents available to upload:

  • Vehicle registration document (V5 or V5C)
  • Insurance Schedule, the schedule must state the applicant is the main policyholder and the vehicle insured at the applicant’s Islington address.
  • Insurance Certificate
  • Lease Agreement
  • Hire Agreement
  • Company vehicle, applicants must provide a copy of the vehicle registration document (V5) or copy of the lease agreement and a letter, written on the organisation’s headed stationery, confirming that the applicant is an employee of the company; the vehicle registration mark/number; the reason for providing the vehicle to the employee and the Islington address where the vehicle will be parked. The letter must be signed and dated, preferably by the Company Secretary or an authorised officer of the company to sign such declaration. This must not be the applicant.

Change of vehicle request form

Your request will be actioned within the next working day. You will be responsible for parking your new vehicle until you receive confirmation of this change from us. For example, you may consider using visitor vouchers or short-term parking via our Ringo App or Epay shops to allow you to park within prescribed hours.

Where to park

Any charge or refund resulting from any changes will be advised.

Please note the terms and conditions for the issue and use of a permit.

Unless you have a multiple vehicle permit, you will not receive a paper permit. Most permits are now e-permits, and there is no requirement to display a physical permit.

Was this information helpful?

  1. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.