There are almost 6,500 short stay parking bays in Islington. Anyone can pay to park in these bays using RingGo app, Epay shops, or the machines. You will need your debit or credit card details and your vehicle registration number to do this.
Pay for your short stay by phone
Pay by phone parking is available at every short stay parking bay in Islington; Sobell Leisure Centre and Sonderburg car parks are included.
You will need the parking location number shown on the bay sign and will need to enter the number of minutes you want to park for.
Pay by phone or sign up for the RingGo service and use their smartphone app.
You will need your debit card details and your vehicle registration number to do this.
You can then use your phone to top-up without returning to your car.
You can opt in to receive a reminder text message letting you know when your parking time is about to end.
If you don’t have a smart phone you can
call 020 7125 0039 to pay for your parking.
Using Epay payment
Throughout the borough drivers can pay for short stay parking via RingGo or at Epay shops with cash.
- To find the nearest Epay shop text ‘shop’ and the 5 digit location number to 81025.
- Find a list of Epay outlets in Islington.
Restrictions and costs
- The cost of parking in a short stay bay varies between £2.45 to £6.20 per hour depending on how busy the area is, use RingGo to check prices.
- For more information, visit our terms and conditions page for short stay parking
- Short stay bays may be suspended for highways works, special events or other reasons. You must therefore check the sign each time you park. Even if payment has been made, any vehicle parked in a suspended bay is liable to receive a parking ticket and may also be removed.
- Blue Badge holders can park in short stay parking bays for an unlimited time.
Diesel Surcharge on Short Stay Parking
From March 2019, an additional charge of £3 per hour will apply to all diesel vehicles paying for short stay parking in Islington. This is to help reduce harmful emissions and improve air quality in Islington. Find out more on diesel surcharge.