Loading and unloading
In Islington, you can load and unload goods for up to 40 minutes.
Loading and unloading is allowed:
on double and single yellow lines (where there are no loading restrictions in place)
in resident, shared use and short stay bays.
No waiting time or breaks
If you leave a loading vehicle alone and are not loading or unloading, you may get a parking ticket.
- Vehicles up to 3.5 tons can only be left for five minutes before getting a ticket.
- Vehicles more than 3.5 tons can only be left for 10 minutes before getting a ticket.
- Personal vehicles will get a ticket immediately.
The 40-minute loading rule does not include parking before or after loading. If you need to park before or after the 40-minute loading time, you must pay to park in a pay and display bay or buy a permission to park notice.
- You cannot load, unload or park in bus lanes or on yellow lines with loading restrictions.
- Loading restrictions can be on both single and double yellow lines. You can tell by yellow markings on the kerb and/or an accompanying black and white time plate or sign. Always check the times shown on the signs. Visit GOV.UK for more information about road markings and what they mean.
- If signs do not show specific days of restrictions, then they are in force every day including Sundays and bank holidays.
- Find out more about loading / unloading on council estates.
For most domestic removals you can park near your Islington home for free
Pay for short stay parking using your mobile phone or PayPoint shop
A permit for if you are carrying out building or essential works in Islington so you can park near your work site