Skip to content
House with coin icon

Get money off your bill

You will need to know your council tax account number to apply for these discounts. We may ask you to provide us with proofs of the information you are telling us. We'll tell you how you can do this in each case

  • Single person discount

    You can get 25% off your bill if you're the only person aged 18 or over living in the property as a main home. You must also tell us if your circumstances change and you are no longer the only person aged 18 or over living in the property. To apply/notify us, please fill in our online form.

  • Student exemption

    Students in full-time education do not always have to pay council tax

  • Disability discount

    If any room in your home has been adapted for you or for a disabled person who lives with you, your council tax bill could be reduced

  • Get care or give care

    If you get or give care you may be entitled to a reduction in your council tax

  • Severely Mentally Impaired (SMI) discount

    If you are registered as having a mental impairment you may be entitled to a discount

  • Council tax support

    Find out how you can get help with paying your council tax if you are on a low income

  • Older person's discount

    Apply for a council tax discount if you are 65 or over

  • Further discounts

    There are some other circumstances that may entitle you to money off your council tax bill