If you get one or more of these benefits then you may be able to apply for this discount:
- Short term or long term incapacity benefit
- Attendance Allowance
- Short term or long term Severe Disablement allowance
- Higher or middle rate care component of disability living allowance
- Disability element of working tax credit
- Unemployability supplement
- Constant Attendance allowance or Unemployability allowance under the industrial injuries or war pensions scheme
- Income support which includes a disability premium because of incapacity for work
- Personal Independence Payment Medium or Enhanced Living Allowance
You will also need to get a signed declaration from your doctor.
How we define mental impairment
Council tax legislation defines mental impairment as a person who has a severe impairment of intelligence of social functioning (however caused) which appears to be permanent.
How to apply:
This includes all the forms, declarations and information on what documents you will need to send to us.
Send your completed forms, signed declarations and required documents to us at Islington Council, PO Box 34750, London N7 9WF.