Skip to content
House with coin icon

Get care or give care

If you get or give care you may be entitled to a reduction in your council tax

You can apply for this if you:

  • live alone but require a live in carer to help you who is not your spouse or child
  • are in hospital
  • have a partner who normally lives with you in hospital
  • have had to leave your home empty to go and live with the person you provide care for.

Apply now

Please make sure you have your council tax account number ready.Find out where you can find this.

Make sure you include as much information as you can to help us process this quickly.

Was this information helpful?

Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.