House with coin icon

Council tax

All homeowners and tenants living in Islington need to be registered for council tax. If you pay by Direct Debit or are signed up for e-billing you will be automatically entered for cash prize draws.

  • Single person discount

    You can get 25% off your bill if you're the only person aged 18 or over living in the property as a main home. You must also tell us if your circumstances change and you are no longer the only person aged 18 or over living in the property. To apply/notify us, please fill in our online form.

  • Student exemption

    Students in full-time education do not always have to pay council tax

  • Switch to eBilling

    If you are signed up for eBlling you could win up to £3,000

  • Council Tax for landlords

    Check who should be paying or let us know of a change of tenancy

  • Apply for a refund

    If you have overpaid your council tax then you can get a refund

  • Older Person's Discount

    Apply for a council tax discount if you are 65 or over