Skip to content
Information icon

Housing advice

Get help and support with your Housing queries.

Listed below are different areas where you can seek advice and help.

Report a repair in your council home

We have more information on repairs in our Housing section. You can request a repair to your home, report a communal repair or request an emergency repair, if the problem poses a danger to your health or security.


We have more information in our Homelessness section.

Housing Aid

If you have a housing problem or consider yourself homeless or about to be, contact our Housing Aid Team for advice and an assessment of your circumstances.

Phone: 020 7527 2000 or visit in person.

Report someone homeless

You can report someone homeless to Street Link who aim to connect people sleeping rough with the local services that can support them.

Help homeless people

We have an outreach team working with the charity St Mungo's who go out at night and in the early mornings looking for people sleeping rough. It is our first priority to get people off the streets and into accommodation. To find out more about Islington Outreach go to the St Mungo's website.

Supported accommodation

We fund accommodation which helps vulnerable people develop and maintain their capacity to live more independently in their home.

Find out more on what services we provide.

Private rented accommodation

We have more information on private rented accommodation in our housing section.

Find out what housing standards you should expect from your landlord.

You can report poor conditions by contacting the Residential Environmental Health below.

Contact the Residential Environmental Health

Find out what grants are available for private properties in borough. 

Find out about low cost home ownership options.

Harassment and illegal eviction

If you are being faced with illegal eviction or harassment from your landlord you can get support from the Housing Aid team.

Contact: email or phone 020 7527 2000.

If violence is used or threatened, call the police on 999.

Go to our webpage on harassment and illegal eviction.

Report anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour is unreasonable behaviour which disturbs or causes a nuisance to an individual or a local community.

We advise before you report anti-social behaviour (ASB) to us you should first try speaking to your neighbour or the premises causing the nuisance, but only if you’re comfortable doing so.

Dial 999 in an emergency if you think there is an immediate threat to life or property.

Dial 101 or report to the police online if the matter has already taken place and it is not an emergency.

Find out how to report anti-social behaviour.

Domestic violence against women and girls

Go to our domestic violence section on the site to get further advice and support.

If you are experiencing violence or know someone who is experiencing abuse and may need help and support call the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247 (24 hours a day).

Supported accommodation

We fund accommodation which can help you if you are experiencing domestic domestic violence.

Go to our supported accommodation page to find out more.

See how the Single Homeless Project (SHP) charity can help

Tenancy support

Single Homeless Project (SHP) is a London-wide charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives.

Find out how they can help you to maintain your tenancy.


Was this information helpful?

Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.