The application must be made by the premises licence holder and can be used to make small changes to existing premises licenses or club certificates, such as:
- small changes to the structure or layout of a premises
- adding late-night refreshment or regulated entertainment (such as live music, performance of plays or film exhibitions) to the licence or certificate
- small changes to licensing hours
- changing or removing unnecessary conditions on the licence
- adding new voluntary conditions to the licence.
It cannot be used to:
- add the sale or supply of alcohol to a licence
- extend licensing hours for the sale or supply of alcohol at any time between 11pm and 7am
- increase the amount of time on any day during which alcohol may be sold or supplied
- extend the period for which the licence or certificate has effect
- transfer the licence or certificate from one premises to another
- vary substantially the premises to which it relates
- add the sale by retail or supply of alcohol as an activity authorised by a licence or certificate
- make changes to the designated premises supervisor.