Skip to content

Paying for care

Most people will need to pay something towards the cost of their care and support. Find out if you're eligible for assistance and how you can get assessed.

How to get a needs assessment

Before you can be assessed for financial support, you'll have to be assessed for care in a needs assessment

This looks at your circumstances and creates a support plan to keep you independent.

Find out more about a care needs assessment at Age UK website.

Only after you've had a social care needs assessment can you be assessed for financial support. 

Request a social care needs assessment 

Was this information helpful?

Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.