If you live in Islington, use this online form to arrange for us to collect large items of household waste like mattresses, furniture and cookers that cannot be reused.
We collect most household items that are too big to put in your bin. Items for collection must be placed at ground level in a visible and accessible location by 7am on the chosen collection day. We charge £10 per item, with a minimum cost of £30. There's a 50% discount if you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax support.
We only collect:
- items ordered for collection - additional items will not be collected
- items ordered for collection left in the agreed location
- items left at the correct time - items should be out and available by 7am on the day of collection
- items that are safe to do so - for example, items should not be dangerous i.e. nails protruding, sharp edges
We will not collect builders waste, items over 6ft, paint or soil.
If you do not leave your items out as instructed, they may not be collected and your payment will not be refunded.
If you live in an Islington Council managed estate, your property will have a lumber point available and you do not need to pay for bulky waste collections. Estate residents should contact their caretaker or housing office for details on where to leave bulky waste.
For non-Islington estate properties, your property manager may have arrangements in place for disposal of bulky waste. Please check with your property manager; if they do not, please book a bulky waste collection. However, the item(s) must be presented at ground level in an accessible location for collection i.e. not behind a locked gate, within a building etc.
This collection service is for domestic waste only. If you are a business and require bulky waste collections, please call 0207 527 4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations and refunds
We will not provide refunds for items that are not left out as instructed; or for items that are booked for collection and have been removed by a third party.
For more information on cancellations and refunds, please see the link to the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.
We have other services, which collect furniture for reuse, business waste, garden waste, or hazardous household waste.
Fly-tipping is illegal and we regularly prosecute fly-tippers. You could face a fine of £400 as well as criminal prosecution.
If you are unable to carry the items outside, and are either over 65 or registered disabled, you can ask for an assisted collection.
The collection must meet the following criteria:
- the items are located no higher than the first floor (unless there's a working lift which they will fit into)
- all items are ready to be removed
- the items can be lifted and removed by two people
- the location for collection is not on a red route
The collection is subject to a risk assessment conducted by an Environment Manager. If the collection is not viable or deemed unsafe by the manager, the collection will be refused.
To ask for an assisted collection, please call us on 0207 527 2000.
Before you start
- read about what items we collect and how much it costs
- you'll need a debit or credit card to use this service
- if you're applying for the discounted rate, you’ll need your reference number (you'll find it on your Benefit Decision Notice)
By continuing you agree to our terms and conditions.
This will take you 10 minutes