You can donate unwanted but reusable household and electrical goods to be collected by other organisations from your address.
Free collection services from your home
Bright Sparks is a local social enterprise company. They will collect:
• furniture and household goods are collected from your home
• the goods will be re-used by your local community organisation or sold to local people at affordable prices.
To find out more and arrange a free home pick up visit the Bright Sparks website. Collections can only be booked online.
Freegle stands for Free Giving Locally Easily, and they provide a free online only service and mobile app. You can give away and seek unwanted goods in your local area. Items must be in good condition. There are 430+ Freegle groups around the UK run by volunteers. Find your local Freegle group and:
• post a message offering an item
• other people see it and reply to you
• choose who to give it to and they collect.
You can also search or browse the items offered or post a request for a particular item.
TipTapp is a free to download app created by a private company for instant reuse or recycling of unwanted items. Items must be in a good condition.
• create an advert by snapping a picture of what you would like removed.
• someone who can reuse it will pick it up at no cost.
LoveJunk is an online marketplace for the collection of bulky waste, furniture and appliances. It matches you to nearby licensed waste carriers and also reuse charities and is free to use. Visit their website at lovejunk.com or if you are using a smartphone download the LoveJunk app.
Chargeable reuse collections
Please note that the chargeable bulky waste reuse service has been temporarily suspended.