The hazardous household waste collection is operated by the City of London on behalf of London Borough of Islington.
What hazardous household waste items do we collect?
- Chemical waste
- Asbestos waste (please read the asbestos information sheet in the related documents section before booking for information on volumes allowed and how to present for collection).
A full list is included in the related documents section.
What hazardous household waste items do we NOT collect?
- Nerve Gas
- Polychlorinated biphenyl compounds (PCBs)
- Pressurised vessels (including gas cylinders and cartridges)
- Radioactive waste, including low level radioactive materials (such as Uranyl acetate/nitrate)
- Clinical waste including biological specimens
- Flammable filmstock (cellulose acetate)
How much will we collect?
For chemicals and paint, residents are entitled to a collection of up to 50 litres in total. Each container must weigh no more than 25kg each and/or contain no more than 25l. We can provide up to a maximum of 3 collections per household in a rolling year. Only one collection can be booked in a month. The service is provided free of charge.
For asbestos, residents can have one asbestos collection per rolling year (15 sq. metres or 7 bags free of charge). If the volume exceeds this amount, it will be subject to payment.
How to book a collection?
Visit City of London website to log a collection or call 0207 332 3433 between 8am and 5pm.