The hazardous household waste collection is operated by the City of London on behalf of London Borough of Islington.
What hazardous household waste items do we collect?
Before booking an asbestos collection, please read the information sheet for details on how to present asbestos for collection and allowable volumes.
- Chemical waste
- Asbestos waste
What hazardous household waste items do we NOT collect?
- Nerve Gas
- Polychlorinated biphenyl compounds (PCBs)
- Pressurised vessels (including gas cylinders and cartridges)
- Radioactive waste, including low level radioactive materials (such as Uranyl acetate/nitrate)
- Clinical waste including biological specimens
- Flammable filmstock (cellulose acetate)
How much will we collect?
For chemicals and paint, residents are entitled to a collection of up to 50 litres in total. Each container must weigh no more than 25kg each and/or contain no more than 25l. We can provide up to a maximum of 3 collections per household in a rolling year. Only one collection can be booked in a month. The service is provided free of charge.
For asbestos, residents can have one asbestos collection per rolling year (15 sq. metres or 7 bags free of charge). If the volume exceeds this amount, it will be subject to payment.
How to book a collection?
Visit City of London website to log a collection or call 0207 332 3433 between 8am and 5pm.