People threatened with homelessness often leave it to the last minute before contacting us. Don't postpone, talk to the Housing Aid Team today if you might become homeless. The sooner you contact us the more likely we will be able to help you and prevent you becoming homeless.
The council will not be able to find accommodation for most people who are homeless, if you do not fall into one of the categories of people the council has to help you will need to find accommodation for yourself.
Shelter’s guide on housing rights helps you work out if you’re eligible for assistance and what you’re entitled to.
We will try and help you find a solution to your housing problem to prevent you from losing your home. Call us on 020 7527 2000 or email email@example.com.
How we can help:
- If you are a private tenant or leaseholder we can provide free, confidential and impartial advice about your tenancy including illegal eviction and harassment
- If you are living with relatives or friends, we will mediate on your behalf to try and keep you in your home
- We can help you claim housing benefit to clear your rent arrears and prevent your eviction
- We can provide information about low cost home ownership
- We can provide information about accessing hostels and private rented accommodation
- We can see if you are eligible for a grant to reduce or clear rent arrears or to use as a deposit for a private rented home
- We can arrange support to keep you in your tenancy
- If you are experiencing domestic violence we can explain what housing options are available to you
If we are unable to prevent your homelessness, you may need to make a homeless application. If we accept your application you are likely to be placed in temporary accommodation.
Private sector housing
Find out about renting in the private sector, your rights to decent accommodation as a private renter; and how you can help get empty properties back into use
Find out about low cost home ownership options.
New Generation Scheme
The New Generation Scheme is for the sons and daughters of council, housing association and private sector tenants living in the borough.
Details on your entitlement to housing benefit and how to claim
Legal advice on housing
Our Housing Unit can assist you to resolve a wide range of issues regarding your housing situation.
Violence Against Women and Girls
Help for victims and resources for professionals
Social housing options in low demand areas
More advice on what to do