Choosing the right school for your child
- Talk to your child – involve them as much as you can.
- Think about what is right for your child – don’t rely on what others tell you or what you read on parenting websites.
- Check the school website – you’ll find them in each school’s listing in our directory
- Visit schools – contact the school for visiting dates. You can speak to teachers, ask questions and get a feel for the school.
- Think about the journey – how easy will it be to get to the school? Some schools may be further away but are easier to get to.
Check the admission criteria and cut-off distance in the school listing in our directory. Please note that cut-off distances are given as a guide to help you assess the likelihood of being offered a place under the distance criterion if there is a similar pattern of applications. Please bear in mind that cut-off distances vary from year to year.
Use all six preferences – make sure you include at least one local school. Don’t choose only one school – your application will not be treated more favourably and you could lose out on another school you like. List the schools in the order you prefer, with your favourite school first. Your preference order is not disclosed to schools.
If you need further advice, contact the School Admissions team. They can’t tell you which schools to apply for, but they can explain the admission criteria and tell you if you would have got a place last year.Email: email@example.com