Skip to content
Document icon

Licences for trading on our streets

Find information, advice and ways to apply for different types of street trading licences, including markets, using pavement space outside your premises, kiosks and shop fronts.

You need a licence from us, if you want to:

  • trade on our markets
  • trade on scattered sites, or run a kiosk
  • trade on private land
  • put advertising boards and/or tables and chairs on our streets
  • use your shop front to sell goods.

It is illegal to trade or offer to sell any goods or services on any public highway - or within seven metres of any public highway - in Islington without a street trading licence.