Licensing document icon

Applying to trade on private land

If you wish to sell anything from a front garden of a property to customers on the footpath you need a licence.

After applying for a licence, we carry out a consultation process that includes: 

  • asking local residents (two addresses either side of the location) to comment on the application 
  • searching the Land Registry to obtain permission from the land owner/freeholder 
  • consulting with local police.


If you are interested in applying to trade on any scattered site, please email

Trading fees for private land

Fees for private land

Per week Per month
Street banding A £38 £164
Street banding B
£27 £117
Street banding C
£13 £56.33

More information on street banding.

Was this information helpful?

  1. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.