Licensing document icon

Child chaperone licence

All children licensed by a local authority to perform must be supervised at all times by a licensed chaperone or their parents.


You must be aged 18 years or over and you must apply for a child chaperone licence in the borough you live.

You also must have:

  • a recent Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check 
  • attended Safeguarding & Child Protection training (minimum Group 3 Competence Still Matters).

This is a one-off licence in that you only need to apply for it once in the borough where you live. Afterwards, you need to submit an annual renewal declaration.

However, if you already have a chaperone licence but have recently moved to Islington, you maybe asked to apply for a new child chaperone licence from us.