What we collect
- mixed recycling (no rubbish or black rubbish bags)
- food waste recycling
- garden waste recycling
Find your collection day
Use ‘Your local area’ to find when we collect your recycling and waste.
If you can't find collections for your property, it may be because you get the same service as a flat above a shop or business. Please check collection times for this type of property.
When to leave your recycling and rubbish out for collection
You must place your recycling and rubbish in the correct containers and leave it outside at the edge of your property at ground level by 6am on the day of your collection.
What we provide
If you live in a house or converted flat we'll give you:
- free green boxes for mixed recycling
- free clear recycling bags: for details current collection points, please visit our recycling and rubbish container guide
- a free kitchen caddy for food waste recycling
- a free secure food waste recycling container for outside your property
- free compostable liners for kitchen waste caddies, for details current collection points, please visit our recycling and rubbish container guide
- a free reusable heavy duty bag for garden waste.
We also provide posters and leaflets about recycling correctly for anyone living or staying in Islington.
Go to MyeAccount to order your recycling containers.
If you don't have a heavy duty bag for garden waste, you can put it in open refuse sacks (this way we can see it's garden waste and not refuse).
Please note, we do not provide residents with free wheelie bins or dustbins.
Report a missed collection
The quickest, easiest way to report a missed collection is by registering for or using a My eAccount - you can also phone 020 7527 2000
Request recycling containers
The quickest and easiest way to request recycling containers is by logging into or signing up for a My eAccount. You can get recycling bags and food waste liners for households from local libraries.
Your local area
Type in your postcode to find local public recycling points
What you can and can't recycle
You can recycle a lot of waste but you might be confused about what to put in your containers. This information, with leaflets and posters, will help you make the right decision
Furniture, reuse and bulky waste
At a discounted rate for residents, we can collect most household items that are too big for your bin, like mattresses, furniture and cookers
Recycling in rented accommodation
Information for landlords and tenants on recycling correctly, including posters and leaflets