Check to see if your report has already been raised
Report a new communal repair
Let us know that a repair is needed in a shared area.
In the case of most communal repairs the work should be completed in 20 days. If the repair is an emergency then it should be repaired or made safe in two hours.
A repair might not be attended to within 20 days:
- If it requires leaseholder contributions, leaseholders need to be informed and consulted
- If it is scheduled as part of a works programme, it will be carried out whenever that programme is scheduled
- Some repairs take longer because we need to order special parts, which may take time
- A more expensive repair may require going out to tender to ensure we get the best value
Communal repairs are reported by:
- Quality Assurance Officers through their estate visits
- Estate Services Co-ordinators
- Tenant and Resident Associations (TRA) during their quarterly inspections
Attend an inspection
You can also get involved by attending quarterly inspections with the TRA, or with the relevant officer where there is no TRA, by contacting Housing Services.