Housing icon

Service charges including major works

As a home owner, under the terms of your lease or transfer document, you have a responsibility to contribute towards the cost of work and services provided by Islington Council to your block and your estate.

The annual service charge includes services such as caretaking, day-to-day repairs and other charges such as building insurance premiums and ground rent. Please read our ASC FAQ for more information about these charges.

Major works are repair, replacement and improvement works (such as replacing lifts or windows) where the charge to any home owner is £250 or more.  We consult home owners about major works before they are carried out. We have a number of payment options for these works.

Ways to pay

The easiest way to pay your annual service charges and major works charges is by monthly direct debit. 

Download direct debit form

Please also read our installment plan terms and conditions.

You can pay online now

Pay online now

Pay your service charges by phone, using a debit or credit card

Phone 0800 694 3344 (Freephone) 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 8am-12 noon Saturday.

Phone 020 7527 8000 any time to use the automated telephone service.