Icon of a licence

Apply for a new special treatments premises licence

Who needs to apply and how to apply for a new special treatments premises licence.


You must be 18 years or over and you need to supply:

  • a completed application form – you can download it from ‘Useful documents’ below
  • a plan of the premises
  • a current valid passport or driving licence photo ID*
  • proof of residential address*
  • information on any unspent criminal conviction*
  • the correct fee.

*Only applicable if you are applying as an individual. 


The application fee is dependent on the type of licence you're applying for: 

You must send these documents and the correct fee (make cheques payable to the Islington Council) to the Special treatments licensing team, 222 Upper Street, London N1 1XR

Alternatively, you can email some of the documents to licensing@islington.gov.uk and we can take payment over the phone. 

Was this information helpful?
  1. Please select

  2. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.