Islington Council (in conjunction with Whittington Health NHS Trust) will process your personal data in-line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act of 2018. Any personal information you give us is held securely and will be used only for council purposes.
What information we collect, hold and use
Personal information is collected from you in order to perform a task in the public interest. In some circumstances, we may also require your consent to process your data. However, where we are processing your data based on consent, you will have a right to withdraw consent and the service provided to you will not be impacted in any way.
If you fail to provide the personal information requested, amongst other things we may not be able to provide you with a service for which you may have requested.
The legal bases for the use of your personal data will be one or more of the following:
- to carry out a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority in our capacity as a Local Authority hire facility
- the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
- explicit consent sought in very limited circumstances such as photography for marketing purposes
When you complete the Bright Start registration form, we will collect:
- your details including ethnicity, disability, employment and benefit status
- your child’s details including ethnicity, disability, employment and benefit status
- your first language
- your lone parent status
- your refugee or asylum seeker status
This information is used for registering your family with Bright Start Islington so that you can be contacted about Bright Start activities and related Early Help and Family Support services.
We will use the information you provide in the registration form for the purposes of ensuring all our community benefit from Bright Start Islington services and enable us to send relevant information about Bright Start services and activities.
We will not share your information with any external organisations unless the law allows us to do so.
We will keep the information you provide in-line with the council’s Retention Schedule.
For more information about your local Bright Start Islington services call the Family Information Service on 020 7527 5959.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Information Governance team
4th Floor, 7 Newington Barrow Way