This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and your rights in relation to that information.
Controller Data Protection Officer (DPO)
London Borough of Islington is the Data Controller and our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is the Head of Information Governance.
You can contact the DPO, c/o Information Governance Team, LB Islington, 4th Floor, 7 Newington Barrow Way, London. N7 7EP, or by email: email@example.com
Information we collect
- Name and contact details
- Visual images
- Date of Birth
- Family details
- Residency details
- Identification details, including driving licence and ID card
- Learning difficulty, health and disability details
- Race or ethnic origin
- Your views on your experience of our services
- Location information where cookies are used on websites
- Household details, lifestyle and social circumstances
- Employment and educational details including learning needs, learning and destination outcomes
- Students records and financial details
- to enable us to monitor our performance against our equality and diversity objectives
- to ensure we are targeting our service to meet priority groups
- to meet our legal and statutory duties and responsibilities
- to process enrolments
- to support your learning
- to carry out administration
- to evidence positive outcomes from learning to central government funding and local authority departments
- to conduct research using anonymised information, if we would like you use your personal identifiable information we will ask for your consent. If we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw that consent any time by telling us
- to support your application for government funding
- for general statistics and research
- for own internal records so that individuals can be provided with a high quality service
- to contact learners in response to a specific enquiry
- to customise services so they work better for you
- to detect/prevent crime/fraud
Our legal bases for using personal data are under contract with the Education and Skills Agency (ESFA), Greater London Authority (GLA) or their successor organisations to provide (adult) education and to comply with our applicable statutory obligations and to perform our tasks carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Council.
- Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) or its successor organisation
- Greater London Authority (GLA) or its successor organisation
- Learning Record Service (LRS)
- Third party (data processors) organisations, currently Think Alumni, Islington ACL contracts in obtaining education and employment related outcomes
- Community training providers
- Regulatory bodies, e.g. Ofsted and Information Commissioners Office
We may also use Data Processors to support these activities by providing the systems we need to or delivering services on our behalf.
- Learner Track
- Think Alumni
How long we keep your personal information
Non-accredited provision (formerly Community Learning (CL)
6 years after the end of the financial year in which the academic year concludes or concluded
Accredited provision (formerly Adult Skills Budget (ASB)
2007-2013: Until 31st December 2022
2014-2019: Until 31st December 2030
From 1st August 2019 onwards: 6 years after the end of the financial year in which the academic year concludes or concluded
You have the right to access, rectify and delete personal information, in addition to other rights as explained in the full version of our privacy notice.
You have the right to contact us with a complaint if you’re unhappy with the way your personal data has been used, please contact our Information Governance Team, London Borough of Islington, 4th floor, 7 Newington Barrow Way, London N7 7EP, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to resolving complaints about our collection or use of personal information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if this issue is not resolved.
You may at any time control access to and use of your personal information by contacting the Council’s Data Protection Officer [ please see above]
If you have any complaints regarding Islington Adult Community Learning provision/services that you have been provided with, you can contact the Department for Education’s (DfE) secure online contact form or write to them at:
Department for Education