How to get a skip licence
Skip licence applications can only be submitted if you’re a company who holds a waste carriers licence and at least £10 million public liability insurance.
- The charge is £100 per calendar month but will increase to £102.00 on April 1st 2022,
- it allows you to keep your skip in a parking bay that you have arranged to be suspended, or on a single yellow line directly outside the property (if this does not impact traffic or access to premises),
- your application will take five days to process.
You may want to put a skip in an area with restricted parking.
There are two ways to do this:
- 14 days minimum notice. - To suspend a specific parking bay to keep a skip near your house. You'll need to pay an administration charge of £104.50 (for residents) or £218 (for non residents). Afterwards it costs £33.25 a day to suspend a specific bay. Apply to suspend a parking bay using this form.
- Short notice permission. - For permission to put a skip in an available bay in your area, you’ll need a permit which costs £66.50 a day. Apply for permission to place a skip in a parking bay.
For all information about suspending parking bays for skips, visit the Islington Council parking pages
Roads with skip restrictions
On certain roads different rules apply to where, and what time you can use skips.
- Near the Emirates Stadium. Skips need to be removed at least seven hours before matches and events. Download a list of the streets (PDF 91KB)
- Market days
- Public access