Recycling is great, but the best thing you can do is to reduce the amount of waste you create in the first place.
After reducing your waste, reusing it is the next best thing. Think before you throw an item in the bin. Can it be reused for any other purpose? Is it of use to anyone else? Can it be donated to a charity?
There are lots of ways to reduce your waste
Put an end to junk mail
To arrange a chargeable reuse collection of furniture in good condition telephone Contact Islington on 020 7527 2000
- Find your nearest charity shop to make a donation
- There's no such thing as junk, only stuff that hasn't found the right person! Visit the clothes swapping pages to find out how you can swap, give away or find clothes for free that may otherwise go to waste. Why buy new clothes when you can join in the latest craze of clothes swapping or swishing?
- Use reuse swapping sites eg Freecycle or Freegle
- Use real cloth nappies with our £54.15 voucher scheme
- Save an average of £50 a month on your food bill. For more information on how much you could save visit the Love Food Hate Waste website.