Here are examples of the services we can provide:
- Home maintenance, for example, fitting curtain rails or shelves, assembling flat pack furniture, fitting lightbulbs, fixing minor problems with doors and windows.
- Plumbing such as plumbing in washing machines, repair of minor leaks to taps and sink waste.
- Fitting security measures like door and window locks, spyholes and chains, and hinge bolts.
This is not a complete list. Please contact the team to find out if the repair you need is covered by the scheme.
- The service is for older residents and those with a disability.
- Carers who get Carer’s Allowance or Direct Payments can also use the service.
- You do not need to live in a council property to be eligible.
- The service does not cover repairs that are the responsibility of a landlord.
Charges for the service
There are two rates.
- Rate for households on low income, receiving a means-tested benefit: £10 per hour
- Rate 2 for households not on low income: £25 per hour
If you are eligible for the low-income rate, there is a free 15-minute service for quick jobs such as changing light bulbs.
We will advise you on eligibility and the rate you will be charged. Please be ready to show proof of benefits you get if this applies to you.