What you can recycle
We collect most household plastic packaging for recycling.
Some plastic packaging has a recycling logo with a number printed on it. This indicates the plastic polymer the packaging is made from. It is not related to which items we can and cannot collect for recycling and should not be used as a guide to recycling.
Please rinse soiled items with water before putting them in your recycling bin or clear bag.
You can put these plastics in your recycling container:
- Bleach and cleaning fluid containers
- Cooking oil bottles
- Detergent and fabric conditioner containers
- Drinks bottles
- Food trays
- Fruit punnets
- Ice cream tubs
- Margarine containers
- Plastic food packaging
- Plastic bags (for putting your mixed recycling in)
- Plastic milk, soup or juice cartons
- Shampoo and shower gel containers
- Yoghurt pots