Anyone can apply to rent a garage, but we prioritise applications from people living on that estate and always give higher priority to disability parking Blue Badge holders.
Some advantages of renting a garage include:
- You can keep your vehicle or stored items secure and under cover.
- Estate garages are cheaper than commercial rents for other private garages or storage facilities.
- Some insurers offer lower premiums for vehicles that are garaged.
- Several motorbikes can be kept in one garage.
- You can also keep vehicle accessories in the garage.
Garage storage costs depends on your vehicle emissions if you are using it for storage. Please see our table of costs.
Garages can be rented for the storage of personal or business goods, provided they are not flammable or perishable items. You will be given a letting agreement to read and sign.
An annual check will be carried out, as a condition of renewal of the agreement.
If you would like the security of a lock-up parking facility at a lower weekly rent than a garage we do have a limited number of car cages.
Cages are not available for storage purposes.
Cage rental costs are given on the parking charges table below.
You can find out about availability of garages and car cages by contacting the Area Housing Office for the estate you are interested in.