Where to find us
2 Fieldway Crescent
The library is on the corner of Holloway Road and Fieldway Crescent, about 500m from Highbury Corner.
Phone: 020 7527 6900
Library Manager: Maureen Black
Buses: 43, 271, 393. 263
Tubes: Highbury & Islington (Victoria line), Holloway Road (Piccadilly line)
Trains: Highbury & Islington (First Capital Connect), Drayton Park (First Capital Connect)
The Central Children's Library closes at 7pm on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Central Library also hosts the First Steps Learning Centre.
The library is fully wheelchair accessible. Our AccessAble profile features a guide to facilities and access for disabled people.
- Free public computers (30+ available)
- Free internet and MS Office software access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Photocopier, printing from library computers and scan to USB available
- Extensive study space in the Reference Library 2nd floor
- 121 basic ICT sessions – help with getting online and setting up emails for job search, UC, Freedom pass etc.
- First Steps Learning Centre
- The Gallery – room for hire
AccessAble Access Guide: Central Library
Facilities and access information for people with disabilities
Login to Library Catalogue
View items available across Islington libraries, check your account, renew book and music loans, and reserve items in stock
Library membership form
Apply online to join Islington Libraries