- The Adult Lending library is closed for refurbishment until reopening on Monday 31 January.
- The Children’s and Reference Libraries will remain open until Sunday 23 January. Library users will also be able to collect reservations and return items during this time.
- All library services in Central Library will be temporarily suspended for one week from Monday 24 January while the lending library is made ready for reopening.
- All services will resume on Monday 31 January.
You can find a wide range of eBooks, eAudiobooks, Newspapers and Magazines online, free to Islington Library members, on our Libraries, heritage and arts webpages.
Keep up to date with our latest news by signing up for our e-bulletin.
Where to find us
2 Fieldway Crescent
The library is on the corner of Holloway Road and Fieldway Crescent, about 500m from Highbury Corner.
Phone: 020 7527 6900
Library Manager: Shari Green
Buses: 43, 271, 393. 263
Tubes: Highbury & Islington (Victoria line), Holloway Road (Piccadilly line)
Trains: Highbury & Islington (First Capital Connect), Drayton Park (First Capital Connect)
Central Library also hosts the First Steps Learning Centre.
The library is fully wheelchair accessible. Our AccessAble profile features a guide to facilities and access for disabled people.
- Free public computers (30+ available)
- Free internet and MS Office software access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Photocopier, printing from library computers and scan to USB available
- Extensive study space in the Reference Library 2nd floor
- 121 basic ICT sessions – help with getting online and setting up emails for job search, UC, Freedom pass etc
- First Steps Learning Centre
- The Gallery – room for hire
AccessAble Access Guide: Central Library
Facilities and access information for people with disabilities
Login to Library Catalogue
View items available across Islington libraries, check your account, renew book and music loans, and reserve items in stock
Library membership form
Apply online to join Islington Libraries