Door icon

Injured ex-service personnel

Islington Council considers housing applications received from seriously injured and disabled ex-service men and women.

Injuries sustained as a result of active service in the Armed Forces count towards housing medical points. 

Also, bereaved spouses or civil partners of those serving in the regular forces may be considered for welfare points where:

(i) the bereaved spouse or civil partner has recently ceased, or will cease to be entitled to reside in Ministry of Defence accommodation following the death of their service spouse or civil partner, and

(ii) the death was wholly or partly attributable to their service. 

Was this information helpful?

  1. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.