Sometimes emergency repairs are needed outside office hours. If a repair is very urgent (for example, it is a danger to health and safety or security) and cannot wait until the next working day, you can call the Housing Direct emergency service:
We may carry out a temporary repair until we can carry out a full repair during normal working hours.
What is an emergency?
- A leak - if the water cannot be turned off or the leak contained in the case of a severe leak or burst pipe
- A leak - if it is affecting the electrics or another property
- Dirty water back-surging from plug holes, toilets or other drainage
- If broken glass is a danger to anyone's health or safety
- If your home is insecure
- A total loss of electric supply
- An unsafe electrical fitting that is sparking or smoking, or there is bare wiring
- A complete loss of cold, clean drinking water
- Total loss of central heating during the winter months
- If you are trapped in a lift in a housing block