What we can help with
- Social service
- Emergency housing repairs
- Anti-social behaviour and noise happening now
- Roads, pavements and tree issues
Our emergency duty team provides an emergency social work service for urgent situations that happen outside normal office hours and cannot be left with an appropriate degree of safety until the next normal working day.
Call: 020 7226 0992
Sometimes emergency repairs are needed outside office hours. If a repair is very urgent (for example, it is a danger to health and safety or security) and cannot wait until the next working day, you can call the Housing Direct emergency service.
If you make your repair sound more serious than it is to get a quicker response, you may have to pay for this call out.
Call: 080 0694 3344
Emergency repairs you can report
- A leak - if the water cannot be turned off or contained
- A leak - if it is affecting the electrics or another property
- Dirty water coming up from plug holes, toilets or other drainage - a blocked toilet is not an emergency
- Broken glass if it is a danger to anyone's health or safety
- Your home is insecure
- No electricity at all
- An unsafe electrical fitting that is sparking or smoking, or there is bare wiring
- No cold, clean drinking water at all
- No central heating at all during the winter months
- Being trapped in a lift in a housing block
If you become homeless unexpectedly, we will carry out an assessment to see if we can provide you with emergency accommodation for one night (or over a weekend if you contact us on Friday).
We will only provide emergency accommodation if you have a local connection to Islington. Find out more about local connections.
Roads and pavements and trees
We will investigate a road or pavement problem out of hours if it is dangerous and could cause serious injury or death, such as:
- broken manhole covers
- flooded roads or pavements
- a fallen tree or in danger of falling on public roads
- a bridge or other structure which has been hit by a vehicle or has collapsed
- a fire under a bridge
- any other road or pavement problem you think is dangerous
If the problem is not an emergency, you can report it online and it will be dealt with in normal hours.
Antisocial behaviour and unreasonable noise
We offer an out of hours service to deal with anti-social behaviour and noise that is happening now.
The quickest way to report this is online and it will be sent directly to our ASB team to be investigated.