Fireworks licence

You must have a licence in order to store or sell fireworks in Islington. This licence only allows you to sell or store fireworks at certain times of the year.

All licence applications must be submitted to us before the end of October each year to allow us time to process them before key dates. 

Apply for a licence

You will need to send us:

  • a completed application form
  • the correct fee 
  • a risk assessment (if relevant) 
  • the site floor plan (if relevant).

You can download the application form from 'Useful documents' below and email it to We can take credit or debit card payment over the phone.

Alternatively, you can send it along with a cheque made payable to Islington Council to Trading Standards, 222 Upper Street, London N1 1XR. 

Was this information helpful?
  1. Please select

  2. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.