Coins icon

Universal Credit

What you need to know if you are affected by Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a new government benefit for working age people on a low income or who are out of work. Since 20 June 2018, most new benefit claimants in Islington, and some people who are on benefits now but whose circumstances change, have been moved to Universal Credit.

Universal Credit is run by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Islington Council and partners are here to help residents understand and prepare for the changes.

Was this information helpful?
  1. Please select

  2. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.