Icon of a signpost

Resident Support Scheme

If you are facing extreme hardship, read more about how this scheme may be able to help you.

Resident support scheme

The scheme does not provide cash payments however grants can be given to help if you are on a low income and struggling financially; in need of essential household items; or if there is a cut to Housing Benefit and you are finding it hard to meet your rent payments.

If you have experienced a crisis or disaster, it could provide short term help with living expenses.

You should think about applying for Budgeting Loans, Budgeting Advances, Short-term Advances and Hardship Payments before you make an application to the Resident Support Scheme. Find out more information on our money advice page.

Referral to the scheme

Access to the scheme is through an application form which is completed by a social worker, support worker or housing officer. If you are a tenant of Peabody, Clarion, Hyde or Partners for Improvement they can also complete the online application.

If you are housebound someone from our Visiting Team can visit your home to make an application. Call 020 7527 4990 to arrange a visit.

For more information on referral organisations and general enquiries call 020 7527 4990 or email us.

You can also visit Contact Islington at 222 Upper Street, N1 1XR

Was this information helpful?
  1. Please select

  2. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.