Person inside house icon

Support to stay independent

Find information about home adaptations, personal alarms, travel cards, getting a personal assistant and other ways to stay living in your own home.

  • Transport and travel cards

    Includes travel cards for people aged over 66 or if you have a disability, mobility scooter hire, subsidised taxis and London travel information.

  • Adapting your home

    Support if you have a permanent or substantial disability and need equipment or adaptations in your home so you can live independently.

  • Personal alarms

    Find out about 24-hour personal Telecare alarms which can be activated in case of emergency - like falling or having an accident at home.

  • Find a personal assistant

    Search online for the most suitable professional carer near you. You can also apply for a job as paid carer.

  • Keep active in Islington

    Includes local activities like discounted gyms, adult education classes, social events, lunch clubs and help to get online.

  • Winter wellness

    Advice and information keeping warm and staying healthy this winter

  • Mental health

    Find information about support and services for mental health issues and emotional wellbeing.