Our Building Control Service provides a professional service to ensure your project complies with national building regulations. We have supported many types of building projects. We provided Building Control services for the Arsenal Emirates Stadium and a consultation and advice service for the London Olympics site. Read more about these on our Case Studies page.
Building control contact details
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020 7527 5999
How we work
We deliver our service through a team of experienced and highly qualified surveyors and a group of knowledgeable and efficient technical support officers. We offer a customer-focused service, tailored to the needs of individual customers.
At the beginning of your project we will assign you a dedicated surveyor to discuss your requirements and look at options like fast-track or staged approvals and short-notice site inspections.
Customers come back to us time and again because they know we work to keep standards high, projects running to schedule and risks to a minimum.
What we can provide
Advice, approvals and site inspections
Building notice – allows you to start work straight away.
Full plans approvals – obtain approval for the whole scheme in advance.
Same day inspections for urgent jobs.
Staged approvals for complex projects.
Specialist knowledge and expertise
Account handler approach.
Development team approach for large jobs – brings all services involved in the project together for example access officers, sustainability officers etc.
Local knowledge of soil conditions, utilities and housing and building stock.
Local Authority Building Control (LABC) services
Nationwide service – partnering with other local authorities.
Insurance and warranty services.
Consultancy services such as Fire Risk Assessments, BREAAM, SAP calculations and more.
LABC registered details approvals.
Find out more information about LABC services.
Feedback and customer care
Our satisfaction ratings average over 90% but we are continually striving to improve. Feedback from our customers is essential to make sure we provide a quality service. For more information and our service charter see the Customer Care page.
The following projects, supported by Islington Building Control Service, were nominated for the LABC London Building Excellence Awards 2017.
- Best High Volume New Housing Development - The Lexicon, 261 City Road.
- Best Social or Affordable New Housing Development - The Lexicon, 261 City Road and Brunswick Close, Brunswick Estate, Islington.
- Best Educational Building - Moreland Primary School, Clerkenwell.
The following projects, supported by Islington Building Control Service, were finalists in the LABC Building Excellence Awards 2018:
- Best High Volume New Housing Development - Canaletto, Islington.
- Best Social or Affordable New Housing Development - Brickworks Community Centre & Flats, Holly Park, Islington.
- Best Public Service Building - Brickworks Community Centre & Flats, Holly Park, Islington.
- Best Educational Building - The Bridge Integrated Learning Space & River College Pupil Referral Unit, Islington.