How to apply
Before you start, you'll need:
an email address
If you need help setting up email or using the web, we offer free guidance and training in using your computer and getting online.
proof of your address
You need to provide one of the following:
- Your Council Tax reference number (you can find this on your Council Tax bill).
- A copy of your most recent rent, mortgage statement or tenancy agreement.
- Two documents which show your address, e.g. a utility bill, bank statement, or a letter from your GP, hospital, dentist or optician
proof that your child lives with you
You also need to provide one of the following:
- A copy of your most recent child benefit or family tax credit letter, as long as it shows your child’s name and address
- Two documents from the following:
- A letter from your child’s GP, dentist, hospital or optician.
- NHS Medical Card.
- The page in your child’s health record book that has their name and address.
All documents must be less than a year old. Documents can be uploaded with your online admissions application. Don’t delay your application, even if you don’t have all the proofs of address that we need – we’ll contact you later with advice on what to do.
How to apply
You need to register first. You’ll then be sent an email giving details of how to start your application. You can do your application in stages. You can change the order of schools listed, and other information as many times as you want before you submit the application.
Once you’re happy with your application, make sure you press ‘Submit’.
The online system checks for errors or missing information.
A reference number is sent to your registered email confirming safe receipt of your application. Please make a note of your username and Application Reference Number as you’ll need them to access your application.
You can reset your password at any time from the login page.
As well as the main online admissions application, you may need to complete a supplementary information form (SIF) for some schools. This information is included in the school’s fact file. The SIF must be sent directly to the school. You must still complete the online e-Admissions application.
The address you give must be your child’s current permanent address (the place where they spend most of their time Monday to Friday) on 15 January 2019.
If you give false or misleading information about your (or your child’s) address, the school place may be withdrawn, and you may be prosecuted.
Help filling in your online application
Phone: 020 7527 5515 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday for advice or to book a face-to-face appointment.
Help with technical problems only
Phone: 020 8255 5555 (Option 1)
Online school applications terms and conditions
When you submit your online application for a school place, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- you have taken into consideration the relevant information and guidance outlined in Islington’s primary brochure
- you understand that you must supply the required evidence to verify that all of the information given is correct. You also understand that if you fail to provide this evidence, your application may not be processed
- you understand that you must advise the School Admissions team as soon as you are aware of any changes in your family circumstances that may affect the processing or outcome of this application
- you wish to apply for the schools listed on your online application, which you have listed in order of preference
- you certify that you are the person(s) with parental responsibility for the child named in the application and that the information given is true to the best of your knowledge and belief.
- You also understand that any false or deliberately misleading information given on this application and/or supporting papers, or any relevant information withheld, may render this application invalid and could lead to the withdrawal of an offer of a school place
- if you are requesting priority under the exceptional social grounds/medical criterion, you must provide professional evidence (e.g a letter from your doctor, educational psychologist) and complete our social medical application explaining why this is the only school that can meet your child’s needs
- if you are requesting priority, where an older sibling already attends the school, the sibling's name and date of birth must be supplied in the relevant section of the form. For this priority, a sibling includes a full, half, step or adopted brother or sister who lives at the same address and will be on roll of the preferred school at the time of the proposed admission in the new academic year
- you understand that if you have applied for any schools which require a Supplementary Information Form you must complete and return the form directly to the school.
- this is the only application that you have completed for a school place
London Borough of Islington will handle the information you have provided in line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018. Any personal information will be held in confidence with only the necessary people able to see or use it. Find out more about how we process personal data about you or your child.