- The business shall be carried on only in the name, style or title specified in the licence and at the premises mentioned therein.
- The licensee, whether a partner, company or other corporate or unincorporated body, shall notify us in writing, in the form prescribed by us, of any change in directors, trustees, partners or other persons concerned in the management of such company, partnership or corporate or unincorporated body, within fourteen days of such change.
- The licensed premises shall not be opened for the purposes for which the licence is granted earlier than 9.30am and shall be closed not later than 8.00pm.
- The premises shall not open on Sundays, Christmas Day or Good Friday.
- We may also specify any other date on which the premises shall be closed provided that fourteen days’ notice in writing of such date must be given to the licensee.
- No advertisement other than advertisements relating to other licensed sex establishments or relating to goods available from the premises shall be displayed inside the premises.
- The interior of the premises shall not at any time be visible from outside and the window shall only bear a suitable display approved by us.
- The following notice shall be displayed at the entrance to the premises such that no one could reasonably obtain access to the premises without being aware of its contents:
Licensed Sex Shop
Persons passing beyond this notice will find material on display which they may consider indecent.
No admittance to persons under 18 years of age
- No part of the premises shall be used by prostitutes for the purposes of solicitation or otherwise exercising their calling.
- Neither the licensee nor any employee shall seek to obtain custom for the sex shop by means of personal solicitation outside or in the vicinity of the sex shop.
- No goods likely to forfeiture under Section 3 of the Obscene Publications Act 1959 or Section 5 of the Protection of Children Act 1978 or likely to be condemned under Schedule 3 to the Customs and Excise Management Act 1979 by virtue of Section 42 of the Customs Consolidation Act 1896 shall be kept on the premises.
- All sex articles and other things displayed within the premises shall be clearly marked to show to persons who are inside the premises the respective prices being charged.
- The licensee shall not distribute any unsolicited goods or publicity.
- The licensed premises shall be used only for the purposes specified in the licence.
- No alcohol shall be consumed on the premises.
- 18R classified videos/DVDs must not be sold by mail order or via the internet.
- A record shall be kept of mail order/Internet transactions in such form as agreed by us and all such transactions must comply with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- The exterior and interior of the premises shall not be altered without our prior consent.
- The licence is not transferable by the licensee.
- The licensee must give us written notice if s/he wishes to surrender the licence.
- The licensee shall maintain good order and decent behaviour in the licensed premises and shall inform the police immediately s/he becomes aware of any indecent conduct taking place or which is said to have taken place, in the premises.
- We reserve the right to amend or alter these conditions without prior consultation with the licensee but will notify the licensee of any alterations.
Our full standard conditions can be downloaded from ‘Useful documents’ below.