Our Statement of Licensing Policy, which can be downloaded from 'Useful documents', below, explains how licensing decisions are made in Islington and how licensed premises are expected to operate. The Policy applies to all applications submitted from 1 January 2018 onwards.
Through our Licensing Policy we aim to:
- Promote a safe, welcoming and varied day time and evening economy
- Support businesses that are unlikely to add to the cumulative impact in terms of crime, disorder and public nuisance
- Carefully manage the number licenced premises supplying alcohol, imposing restrictions where appropriate
- Promote high standards of management in licensed premises to ensure businesses operate responsibly with no adverse impacts on resident
The policy includes details about Islington's Cumulative Impact Areas. These are areas of the borough where the combined effects of a significant number of licenced premises concentrated in one area are undermining one or more of the following licensing objectives:
- prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- prevention of public nuisance
- protection of children from harm
Special considerations will apply to applications in cumulative impact areas.