Apprenticeships can help you harness new talent in your organisation and train people for all kinds of job roles. The iWork service will provide expert advice and support to develop apprenticeships in your business and help you find the right candidates.
Helping you to take on an apprentice
The iWork Service can offer you the benefit of vast experience, with more than 200 apprenticeships created with Islington employers over the last three years.
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes designed around the needs of you and your business. Apprentices earn a wage and work alongside your staff to gain job-specific skills and knowledge.
The iWork Service can:
- help to develop a job description and criteria for recruiting the right candidate
- assist with selecting an accredited, high quality apprenticeship training provider
- help advertise the vacancy and conduct rigorous pre-screening to help you find the best candidates
- provide on-going support for the duration of the apprenticeship, including pastoral and practical help to ensure the apprenticeship meets business need and receives a meaningful experience
Why take on an apprentice?
- apprentices tend to be eager, motivated, flexible and loyal to your company
- training apprentices can be more cost effective than hiring skilled staff
- involving your employees with young people helps develop areas such as commercial awareness, team working, presentation skills and broad interpersonal skills
- a mixture of on and off the job learning ensures apprentices get the skills that your business needs, now and in the future
- working with young people can help to raise your profile and enhance your reputation in the community; and your business can have a significant impact on young people's aspirations and future career choices.
Get in touch to find out how we can help your business take on an apprentice.
Call: 020 7527 2706