1. Download the form and guidance notes Adding a father (if unmarried) or Adding a father (if married) or re-registering after marriage
2. Complete the application form and drop it in (9am-4.30pm) or post it to:
Islington and City of London Register Office
Islington Town Hall
3. Your application will then be processed this may take up to six weeks if it needs to be referred to the Registrar General (from the General Register Office) for approval
4. Once the registrar has processed your application they will call you to make an appointment to complete the re-registration
5. Attend the appointment to re-register and purchase new birth certificates (£4 per certificate).