- your street can be closed to all traffic, except residents
- play streets can only happen during daylight hours
- there's no charge
- we can supply signs and equipment
- a great way to meet your neighbours
How you can start a play street
Before you apply to have your road closed, you first need to:
- talk to all your neighbours and explain what you want to do.
- explain that as residents they’ll still be able to park and drive slowly when the street is shut.
- there will be resident and public consultation done by us, so you need as many resident supporters as possible.
- recruit a team of people to help you on the day
Find out more and download an application form
To apply, simply download and complete this application form and email it back to us (300KB)
How we'll support you after a successful application
- we'll provide you with temporary traffic signs, barriers and cones required for the road closures free of charge
- and meet your team and advise on the way the road closures must be carried out.
See play streets in Islington
To return your application form or if you have any questions.