- your street can be closed to all traffic, except residents'
- play streets can only happen during daylight hours
- there's no charge
- we can supply signs and equipment
- a great way to meet your neighbours.
- talk to all your neighbours and explain what you want to do.
- explain that as residents they’ll still be able to park and drive slowly when the street is shut.
- there will be resident and public consultation done by us, so you need as many resident supporters as possible.
- recruit a team of people to help you on the day
- we'll provide you with temporary traffic signs, barriers and cones required for the road closures free of charge
- and meet your team and advise on the way the road closures must be carried out.
How you can start a play street
Before you apply to have your road closed, you first need to:
Find out more and download an application form
To apply, simply download and complete this application form and email it back to us (300KB)
How we'll support you after a successful application
See play streets in Islington
To return your application form or if you have any questions.