Some schools in Islington can apply for essential services permits for vehicles used for school duties.
The school’s head teacher should apply for permits through the parking portal.
- Cost: £406
- The application must explain the reason that the permit is needed.
- To process your application, we require good quality scans or photographs of applicable vehicle registration documents.
- Each school that qualifies can apply for a maximum of three permits and each permit may have up to four vehicles registered to it.
- Essential services permits will not be issued for staff commuting to and from work.
- If renewing a schools' permit, a written application and vehicle documents are not needed as long as details are unchanged.