Skip to content
Parking sign icon

Documents we can accept

For new permits you will need to send us your documents right away.  

We don’t need to see the originals. Please email us a good quality digital image – this can be either a photo or a scan. 

Please make sure that:

  • all the pages are included
  • the text can be clearly read.

Email them to and include your transaction reference number in the subject line of your email.

Resident permits and visitor vouchers

We need one proof of your Islington address. This can be:

  • Council tax bill for the current tax year
  • Current gas, water, electricity or land-line telephone bill (dated within the last three months)
  • Driving licence
  • Tenancy agreement
  • Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) letter  (dated within the last six months)

For permits we also need to see one proof of vehicle ownership. this can be:

  • Car insurance schedule document
  • Registration Document (V5)
  • Hire agreement.

Discounts and concessions

In addition to the above you will need to email us a copy of proof of your entitlement to the discount. If you have already provided proofs for previous purchases you do not need to send further documentation

For an age-related discount, please send us one of the following:

  • birth certificate
  • Freedom Pass
  • passport

For a disability-related discount please send us one of the following:

  • Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) letter confirming award of Disability Living Allowance, Incapacity benefit and/ or pension
  • Taxi card (

Licensed Hackney carriages

If you are claiming a black taxi operator’s discount you will need to show us a proof of address and vehicle as above.

You will also need to send us:

  • a copy of your taxi badge.

If you have a company car

Residents with a company vehicle must provide a copy of the vehicle registration document (V5) or copy of the lease agreement and a letter, written on the company's headed stationery, stating:

  • that the applicant is an employee of the company
  • the vehicle registration mark/number
  • the reason for providing the vehicle to the employee
  • the Islington address where the vehicle will be parked.

The letter must be signed and dated preferably by the Company Secretary or an authorised officer of the company entitled to sign such a declaration. This must not be the applicant.

New parent visitor vouchers

To claim your new parent vouchers you will have to send a copy of your baby’s birth or adoption certificate, or have the voucher application form signed by a registrar.

Was this information helpful?

Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.