Apprenticeships and graduate schemes
Whether you’re starting out, upskilling, or looking for a career change, our high-quality apprenticeships and graduate schemes are great opportunities to develop your career.
Our apprenticeship programme combines work experience with training and a competitive salary. Depending on your current skills and qualifications there are different levels of apprenticeship. These range from level 2 (GCSE equivalent) to level 7 (masters equivalent).
Examples of some of the apprenticeships we have recruited to include:
- Business administration
- Finance and Accountancy
- Customer services
- Civil engineering
- Data analysis
- Digital support
- Early years education and Childcare
- Project management
- Facilities management
- Vehicle maintenance and operation
Benefits of an apprenticeship
As an apprentice at Islington Council, you will:
- Receive a salary paid at London Living Wage
- Complete a nationally recognised apprenticeship qualification
- Participate in the council's apprenticeship network
- Have access to a range of development activities
- Receive guidance through a buddy or mentor
You can apply if you are:
- Aged 16 or over and have reached the statutory school leaving date. There is no upper age limit
- Be an Islington resident, Islington care leaver, Islington school leaver in the last 12 months or be connected to Islington through completion of studies in the last two years (at any level) at an Islington based educational institution
- Able to meet the apprenticeship course entry requirements
National Graduate Development Programme
The National Graduate Development Programme is an opportunity for talented graduates to fast track their local government career. Over two years, you’ll undertake four placements across Islington Council to give you a full strategic view of the way the council works. Alongside real-world experience, you’ll gain an Institute of Leadership Management qualification and become part of a national network. Applications are currently closed and will open in autumn 2023.
Finance graduate trainee scheme
We believe that finance should be at the heart of any organisation and our scheme looks to develop finance leaders capable of playing a pivotal role in the direction and progress of the organisation. Applications are currently closed. Find out more about the finance graduate trainee scheme.