Our apprenticeship programme combines work experience, training and a competitive London Living Wage salary, across 12 pathways:
- Business and administration
- Finance and accountancy
- Customer service
- Data analysis
- Early years education and childcare
- Project management
- Event management
- Facilities management
- Vehicle maintenance and operation
Benefits of an apprenticeship
As an apprentice at Islington Council, you will:
- gain a unique support network through working in a team
- take part in team activities throughout the year with other apprentices
- receive guidance and advice through your personal mentor
- earn a salary whilst working towards a professional qualification
Who can apply
You can apply if you are both:
- aged 16 or over, have reached the statutory school leaving date
- an Islington resident, Islington care leaver or a student at an Islington secondary school currently or within the last 12 months.
There is no upper age limit.
Depending on your current skills and qualifications there are different levels of apprenticeship. These range from level 2 (GCSE equivalent) to level 7 (masters equivalent).
National Graduate Development Programme
The National Graduate Development Programme is an opportunity for talented graduates to fast track their local government career. Over two years, you’ll undertake four placements across Islington Council to give you a full strategic view of the way the council works. Alongside real-world experience, you’ll gain an Institute of Leadership Management qualification and become part of a national network. Applications are currently closed and will open in autumn 2022.
Finance graduate trainee scheme
We believe that finance should be at the heart of any organisation and our scheme looks to develop finance leaders capable of playing a pivotal role in the direction and progress of the organisation. Applications are currently closed. Find out more about the finance graduate trainee scheme.