This consultation has ended
|Start date||29 March 2023|
|End date||26 April 2023|
Key findings from pre-consultation engagement
We have now published our pre-consultation engagement results report for the St Mary’s Church PFS trial. This report includes all feedback up until the public consultation (29 March to 26 April 2023) from Commonplace, and trial feedback surveys, email correspondence, formal objections and stakeholder meetings.
Overall feedback received
- 245 Commonplace comments.
- 178 emails.
- 399 trial feedback surveys.
- 301 consultation questionnaires.
Between May 2020 and March 2021, we asked you about your ideas for the area. Here’s what you told us.
Top three problems
- volume of traffic: 49%
- traffic rat running: 39%
- fast or noisy traffic: 35%
Top three ways to make it better
- make roads access only: 34%
- slow down traffic: 25%
- road closure except for cycles and buses: 25%
Trial feedback survey
Here’s what you told us during our feedback survey, which was open between December 2021 and March 2023.
Top things people like about the trial
- reduces through traffic: 15%
- reduces air pollution: 12%
- makes the area more pleasant or makes it safer to cross the road: 10%
Top things people dislike about the trial
- increases traffic on main roads: 63%
- not asked for my views before the trial started: 37%
- increases air pollution: 34%
Key findings from the public consultation
We have also published our independent consultation report for the St Mary’s Church PFS trial. This report includes feedback received through the public consultation (Wednesday, 29 March 2023 to Wednesday, 26 April 2023).
|Easier to cross the streets||44%||19%|
|Streets look nicer||42%||25%|
|Less noise from traffic||41%||30%|
|Air is cleaner||38%||23%|
|Easier to walk and cycle to local shops and businesses||36%||19%|
|Now spend more time in the area||36%||19%|
About travel and traffic in the area
- 56% of participants have a car compared to 33% of households in Islington.
- 18% of participants who have cars say they walk and cycle for shorter trips instead of driving.
- 19% of participants mentioned LTNs increasing traffic on boundary roads.
Visit our St Mary's Church people-friendly street page for more information about decisions based on the consultation and next steps for the neighbourhood.